Monday, May 6, 2013

I Made a Moda Bake Shop Quilt.

I know most quilters/bloggers are ecstatic to be FEATURED on the Moda Bake Shop. Well, this woman was just ecstatic to MAKE a quilt on it.  truth.

I love the blog (and of course, the fabric) and I've pinned probably half a dozen things on pinterest. But it took the arrival of a new precious baby for me to actually make something.  AND I actually used moda fabric.  special baby = special fabric.

The Jungle Path Baby Quilt just looks fun.  And it was fun to make.  I liked fussy cutting the charms for the center of the blocks for maximum cuteness and picking fabrics to coordinate with each other.  The recipe calls for a charm pack, a jelly roll and some white.  I picked the Cherry on Top collection and off I went.


The front.
I probably should have taken pictures BEFORE I washed it.  It sure crinkled up;  making for crinkly pictures!

a closer up. feminine but not ridiculously girly.


the back.  It called for almost the rest of the jelly roll strips.  I made one  little change in the recipe.  I added a slightly thicker white strip and added EAS's initials for a personalized touch.

EAS
EAS's Mom got a birthday quilt from me almost two years ago.  It was daughter's turn.

No comments: